Chat Script 2


• Click here to join the chat •

Friday, May 3, 2013

A Different Kind of Smart

An interesting article from Science News on animal cognition. Click here to read. 

(Wow ... a related "experiment" going on here! As I was posting this, I heard rather loud noises outside. (Some animal...I thought perhaps a squirrel... had recently figured out how to knock over the locking garbage tin where I keep my bird seed. My defense strategy: I put the tin in a large plastic pot that was wide and low, so that the tin can rock, but not be knocked over onto the stone patio. I also placed two large rocks on the top, on either side of the handle that locks the lid in place.) So, I heard these noises and figured I've caught the thief going after the seed. I peeked out my door and saw a raccoon wrestling with the tin. S/he had knocked off the rocks. But so far, has not figured out how to tip the tin over! To be continued ..... can the raccoon figure a way around my defenses?



No comments:

Post a Comment